Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Perfect Little Family

I've been thinking for a while now, where my life could have gone...and what I would be doing now if I hadn't met Scott...

I'd imagine I'd be a nurse somewhere, working every day doing something that I absolutely did not love, with no life, no spouse, and no child. And sure I think I'd be making a lot of money, probably living in a nice apartment..or maybe owned a home somewhere in the Dallas area. I'd probably have a small group of friends that I got to hang out with quite a bit...I'd imagine that it'd be an ok life.....

And then I think about my life as it is now....and well it's pretty much perfect.
    I mean sure we have some issues...we're newly married so we have a lot of struggles...learning to live with each other, financially, and how to be a good parent. BUT...I cannot imagine how empty my life would be without my two guys in it. I love my husband with every thing in me...and my son, gosh I can't even put it into words the amount of joy and love that I have for that little boy. He makes me smile at least 50 times a day. When I wake him up in the morning and he's curled into his little ball position in the very corner of his crib my heart explodes with happiness. I am so glad that I chose to be this person instead of the person that other people may have wanted me to be. I know that the family that i have now is so special and irreplaceable that I can truly say I am so happy with where life has taken me. I know that we will never be able to have a lot of luxuries..and to some people they don't understand how someone could be ok with living a life without a lot of money, but when you have something so spectacular to look forward to every day..it begins to be really easy to understand it.

I love my husband, and we have a beautiful baby boy that is growing and changing every day. I dropped him off at his 2nd day of daycare this morning and I just kind of stared at him...thinking how great is my life! I know this may have seemed random...but sometimes you just get taken back in life by something so little that makes the big picture seem so wonderful. I think this was one of those times.

I know I've been sappy and silly and maybe this will be the one post that everyone skips over and doesn't read but I felt like sharing my joy with family and maybe the few friends that read our blog.

To my husband and son...I love you both so much!

Love,
Brittnee

1 comment:

  1. I've been going crazy catching up with all your posts. This one was just precious. You are so very blessed with your 'perfect family'. :) That's the foundation of happiness. Love ya, girl!!

    ReplyDelete