Wednesday, June 22, 2011

9 month Check Up Appointment

Well yesterday was Connor's 9 month doctors appointment and it went really well!!! We learned a few valuable lessons (which we usually do at these apts)!

Lesson 1:
  Connor is on his way to being amazing!! According to the doc only 50 % of 9 month olds can crawl and Connor was actually crawling at 8 months old!!! So daddy and mommy were very proud of him!!! The doc seemed even more impressed that he is pulling himself up and taking steps along the couch!!!

Lesson 2:
This lesson goes with lesson one...it's punishment! We are now supposed to start telling him no...and if he continues to do it we're supposed to put him in timeout!!! I would have never thought!!! But we are going to try to put his cute little adorable self in timeout (his crib) after only one warning!!! So far today it's worked really well!!!

Lesson 3:
Connor is pretty much off the bottle...he sometimes get's one during the day if he get's super fussy and maybe one at night..but other than that he doesn't and he really doesnt need one during those times either! Soo thats amazing in itself...and once again the doc seemed VERY impressed! Also baby food is out now! Our doc said the earlier you can get them off of it the better! He would like him to start eating anything he can swallow (he does have some teeth but not quite enough for him to chew things)....SOOO mommy spent the entire day making him homeade food (just combined lots of things and threw it in the processor and froze it!) This was actually fun for me..I enjoyed it! So for lunch today he had homeade mashed potatos with roast beef and corn!

Homeade taters, with roast beef and creamy corn


The left side is macaroni and cheese with peas and corn, and the right side is strawberry and peaches smoothie


these were just a few of my ideas!!! I can't wait to make some more!!!

There were also some things we learned about our little guy at this appointment! He weights 16.11 lbs and is 28 inches long!!! When we saw his weight we thought OMG he's under...but according to the doc at this age they measure their nutrishen on if their height is increasing which his has considerably (he was 23 in last time I believe)! We were excited to hear that...I guess we will just have a skinny lil guy on our hands :) oh well!

Sooo we learned lot's, got some good pointers and shed a few tears (he had to get 2 shots and a finger prick)! It was a good appointment!

Here's some picks of him the day after his doctor's appointment...We are having a lazy day so I let him just chill naked!





So in other news...we have had lot's happen in the York family lately...the most dramatic was that I lost my job at the church. I don't really know what I did wrong..I mean to be told that your the most dependable person they've ever had and then to be told in the same sitting that "it's just not working" is really confusing. I guess I can only believe that God had something better in store for me. I am currently looking for a new job and have one that I'm really hoping I will get!!! Soo keep praying for me!
    Other than that big shocker...we have been pretty good. Just been relaxing and hanging out with family. This weekend is our nieces birthday so we are pretty excited about that. We had to say goodbye to Scott's sister last weekend, she's moving to California, so that was sad but we know that's where she wanted to go. OOH and a fun bit of information...we decided to save money we'd cut chevy (our yorkie) ourselves...

AND...............I think he turned out pretty good...we have to finish doing the top of his head but his body looks pretty darn good!!!



Lol well that's our little update for the week! I hope you enjoyed the pictures and updates about his doc apt! We love keeping everyone informed on how he's growing and all the fun little things about our life!

Love,
Scott n Brittnee

No comments:

Post a Comment